Wednesday, 25 April 2012
Inkling: Festivals of the World
Mini tomato and mozzarella salads:
Celebrate two festivals at once, La Tomatina and Cheese Rolling, with this amazing snack on a toothpick!
- Cherry tomatoes, halved.
- Fresh basil leaves.
- Small balls of fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- Serving plate and small bowl.
What to do:
- Cut each cherry tomato in half.
- Place one half of a cherry tomato on a toothpick.
- Follow the half tomato with a piece of fresh basil.
- Place a small piece or ball of mozzarella after the basil.
- Finish off your toothpick with another half tomato.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 until you have lots of mini toothpick salads.
- Place all your finished toothpicks on a serving plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix the vinegar and olive oil together and sprinkle over your toothpicks or serve as a dipping sauce in a small - bowl.
Et voilà! Now all you left to do is share this delicious snack with your friends! Enjoy!