Wednesday, 25 April 2012
Inkling: Robot Costume
Make your own robot costume.
Are you going to a fancy dress party? Why not go as a robot? It's easy, fun and inexpensive!
- One large box for your body.
- One medium-sized box for your head.
- Duct tape.
- Grey or silver paint or spray paint.
- Tinfoil, buttons, metal washers, egg boxes – anything you like really.
What to do:
1. Cut off the flaps that close the bottom of the large box, as well as one side to make a kind of 'backless
2. Cut off one flap at the top of the box.
3. Cut a semi-circle in the left over flap to make place for you neck to fit comfortably.
3. Cut holes for your arms in the sides of the box.
4. Use the duct tape to make sure that your robot body is sturdy along the sides.
5. Cut holes for your eyes and mouth in the smaller box which will be your head.
6. Paint or spray paint both boxes silver or grey.
7. Once the paint is dry, decorate your robot with buttons, tinfoil, metal washers, cut egg boxes and anything
else you would like. Use glue to secure your decorations.
Send us some pictures - you could be featured on To The Drawing Board in issue 5!