|The Cage Eco-Exhibit |
on Contitution Hill, Johannesburg
The new generation of SodaStream fits well into the modern lifestyle with its chic new designs and funky flavoured syrups, including Ice Tea, Sport, Energy and Sugar-free flavours, among the classic variations. The new SodaStream systems are, most importantly, more cost effective, healthier than ever and environmentally friendly, allowing families to contribute to a 'greener' community.
The average South African family consumes and discards about 5078 bottles every three years. It is further estimated that 141 billion bottles and cans are not recycled every year. Alternatively, each SodaStream reusable carbonating bottle is estimated to save the environment from 2000 bottles and cans in three years. By giving the consumer an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic bottles by using water straight from the tap to create carbonated flavoured beverages, SodaStream makes traditional store-bought beverage bottles obsolete. This results in less plastic manufactured, less plastic waste and less transportation of bottled beverages. Each SodaStream bottle is also uniquely designed and manufactured to be free of BPA, a plastic compound some believe to disrupt hormones.
Every year SodaStream provides 600 million litres of carbonated beverage to millions of households, making it one of the largest beverage companies in the world. One SodaStream carbonator makes 60 or 110 litres, equivalent to 170 or 310 aluminum cans! When empty, the carbonator is refilled and reused, ready to make more fizzy and tasty soda whenever you want it.
The advantages of SodaStream's Home Carbonation System include:
- Convenience: No need to carry heavy bottles from the store. The SodaStream system is simple to use and requires no batteries or electricity.
- Environmentally friendly: SodaStream is an 'Active Green' solution that minimises the huge eco-footprint caused by the manufacture, transport and waste of plastic bottles.
- Variety: SodaStream offers a wide variety of flavours to suit everyone’s taste including regular, diet, natural, fruity flavours, ice tea, energy and sport drinks, tonic and many more.
- Space saver: No need to store bottles of beverages or empty bottles for recycling at home.
- Personalisation: Make drinks just the way you love them… more bubbles, less bubbles, sweeter or lighter, you can even even create your own flavour!
- Family fun: The system is quick and easy to use. It's fun for everyone and kids just love it!
- Value for money: Great savings compared to pre-packed carbonated water and beverages.
- Satisfaction guaranteed: SodaStream drinks makers are of extremely high quality and include a money-back satisfaction guarantee.
Through SodaStream International's global environmental campaign 'Help Free the World from Bottles',The Cage Eco-Exhibit helps drive the message home that plastic bottles contribute to the consumption of resources and to the destruction of our planet. You can view The Cage at its new home on Constitution Hill in Johannesburg. Francois Dippenaar, managing director of SodaStream South Africa, states, “SodaStream's vision is to create a world free from bottles. We are committed to continuously improving as an earth-friendly brand and having a positive impact on our environment. The South African constitution endorses this vision, having become the first constitution in the world to include environmental rights. To quote, 'Everyone has the right to an environment that is not harmful to their health or well-being.' That is why this iconic location, with its view of the Constitutional Court, is the perfect home for The Cage Eco-Exhibit.”
Make a promise today for a greener tomorrow by signing SodaStream's 'Free the World from Bottles' pledge on their Facebook page, SodaStream South Africa:
Oh, and don't forget to purchase one of the new SodaStream systems for a better tomorrow! Visit the SodaStream website for more details: http://www.sodastream.co.za/